Monday, April 23, 2012

April 23, 2012


This week has been AMAZING! The weather here is beautiful, it got up to 85 this weekend. I just love the sun, even when I get sunburned. We spent some time out talking to people, We had the lessons outside with a few people. It was crazy we were at this guys house teaching and you looked up and it looked like snow but it was pollen. Elder K, from fiji is having a real hard time with his allergies, its kinda sad.
 
Anyways, the work is going amazing! We met with Kaalyn and were able to talk more and solidify her Baptism date. Unfortunatly she moved out of our ward boundaries so we now have to get her going to the other ward. I know we will be blessed if we get her into the right ward. Its kinda disheartening because the last 5 baptisms in this ward have ended up moving to different wards right after baptism, and keeping them active in the church is a real challenge when that happens.
 
This week we had specialized training with president young. I am so blessed to have the best mission president in the world. He is so inspired and cares so much about all of us, as does Sister Young. We traveled to Medford for training and were taught about recieving Christ image in our countenance. It was a spiritual meeting that really helped all of us.
 
I had a neat experience this week, While we were in Medford the sisters down there informed me that one of the ladies I had worked very closely with had died. She had battled a lot of things while we were working with her, and we even had her getting ready for baptism but unfortunatly the worldy things consumed her and she passed away. The drive home was a time of reflecting on what I could have done different as a missionary, wondering why this had happened, and I was almost bugged that she had died without being baptized. I prayed really hard that night that I would be at peace with what had happened and know that It was Gods will. I was able to recieve a peace of mind knowing that all will be well. Then yesterday we had a lesson with a recent convert, Krista. We had her teach us the plan of salvation. The spirit was so strong and testified to me that Heavenly Father does know each and every one of us. He has a plan for us, he loves us and wants us to return to him. The peace that came during the lesson over Nikki's death was unmistakable. I know that she now has the chance to recieve the gospel and accept it without having to deal with the earthly addictions that consumed her while she was here. I love the gospel, I am so grateful we have the Book Of Mormon that teaches us of the Heavenly Fathers plan so we dont have to have the pain of never seeing these people again.
 
On a lighter note, I trained a members bird to dance when it hears my name, The member didnt think it was too funny, but lets be honest it was hillarious. Then I have a picture with Kaalyns Pit bull, We call him Kitty because he is so tiny.
 
I love you all and hope things are well
 
Love sister Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment