Tuesday, October 30, 2012

October 30, 2012


First of all so flippin cool. Last night Pres. Young had a mission wide conference call. He told us how in the past 2 weeks the church has recieved 10,000 missionary applications and 5000 of those were sisters. The Mission department has been with P young this last week and they have decided we are increasing our missionaries from 180 to 250 not including senior couples! This means there will be at least one set of missionaries in every ward or branch if not 2 sets. I am so amazed at the miracle this has brought. I am sad that I wont be able to see the full effect of this till we all die, but I am excited to get our area booming for another set of missionaries. This truly is the word going forth to all nations kindreds and tongues!!!! 


So the most exciting news is. . . Transfers are today and I will be going ....... No where!!! I am so stoked I get to end my mission here in Medford. I truly feel like these people are my family and I am excited to be able to stay here and keep working with them. 

So this week started off a little slow because I was getting over my intestinal infection. By Wednesday we were back to work and working hard. We have had a tough week or so because all of our investigators are going on vacations, or there houses flood, or someone dies. Its crazy what happens once you start meeting with the missionaries. Its only for the true in heart I will tell you what. 

So we have been able to find 2 new investigators this week. Its interesting because they are both people I have tracted into before and they told me they weren't interested. Thats one tough thing about being in the same area for 6 months, especially when this ward is the size of a utah stake, so we tract it out about every month so I have knocked these doors a lot. But Its amazing how the spirit guides us. We went to  knock on Temple street (gotta be a sign right?) and we knocked on Toms door. He has turned me away before for various reasons, but the spirit whispered to my heart the things he needed and now we are going back to teach him and his family. Its such a blessing to be able to rely on the spirit to guide us to the elect. We also tracted into Alberta, the Zone Leaders wanted to come tract our area to show there support cause we cant do exchanges with the elders. . . for obvious reasons. So We prayed and went out and we found Alberta, another lady who told me no before but the spirit guided our conversation to the blessings of Relief Society and she is excited for us to come back. 

We had a LA show up at church on Sunday and it was fantastic. I was so excited to see her there, again someone I have been working with since I got here and this was her first time to church. It is great to see how through time people change and accept the gospel. 

Last night we Carved Pumpkins with Bethany. During the carving I just had this urge to invite her to be baptized. We have set multiple dates with her and they have fallen through. So I turned and was like, We all know Bethany wants to get baptized and I would really like to be there for it, I am leaving at the beginning of December. Her mom went strait to the Calendar and picked a Date. I felt bad for pulling the going home card, but It worked and she is getting baptized on Nov. 10th. 

So Funny story, Saturday night the elders called. They are a set that is out in the Booneys so we really only talk to them on Thursdays so it was wierd they were calling. Elder Johnson sounded so sad and said "We have had a really bad day and need to vent, and we know you Sisters can help" So they told us of how an hour before the baptism the girl broke her ankle, and they came home after a crazy day and their apartment had flooded from the upstairs neighbors and had no heat. Elder Johnson said "Sister Rose, I know you have been sick and had really bad days so you understand" I dont think loosing a baptism is close to being sick but hey, we all get our challenges. 

I love you all and will attatch some pictures from this past few weeks. It is beautiful here and I need to get more pictures of Leaves!!!! 

Love Sister Rose 

The District, We dressed like Elders, 
The Pretty Leaves 
A furry (girl Who wears a tail and cat ears) 
Jeremiahs Baptism 
Gogurt Yogurt for people on the go, Now were to busy for applesauce. . . . 
Pumpkins With The Gardners 
Pumpkins with my new Little Brother Kyler 
Elder Davis's Birthday Celebration

LOVE YOU ALL!! 











No comments:

Post a Comment