Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8, 2011


This Week Flew By, and it was insane and Crazy and so Awesome I just cannot even explain. Mom email me this week and told me I should write about the people I am teaching more. So I can do that.
Let us Start With Chea. He is so awesome, We started teaching him 3 weeks ago. He had been coming to church with his Cousins for about a month and went on trek with the Ward. He asked the Bishop of the ward how he could become a member of the church. It was so amazing to be able to go and talk to someone who had so much faith and literally soaked up everything we had to say like a sponge. He is the most amazing kid! He is 18, and on our third lesson he prayed and asked for help to prepare him for a mission. I was blown away. I mean for someone with that much faith and power to pray for that was just incredible. He was baptized this last Saturday. I feel so blessed to be a part of his conversion story. He will tell anyone in his own words that God knows each and Everyone of us. That he knows he is exactly where he is supposed to be right now, He has an amazing story, he  has a really rough past and found the gospel and has had some amazing experiences. I just love seeing how the gospel can bless anyone's life!!
We are Also teaching a Less Active/Part Member Family. Linda Will be getting Baptized in a few weeks. Gary and His Daughter are both Members and I cannot express how much I love this family. I seriously feel like this family is why I am in Central point. I feel so connected to them and the lessons we teach with them go so smoothly. Linda is so amazing and she is going to be such a powerhouse for the church! Gary says something every week that just hits me to the heart and makes me know that I was called to this place at this time by an inspired mission president. I love these people so much!! 
Josh and Robyn and their three kids are another Family we are working with. Josh is planning on getting Baptized in September. He is so Solid. He got up and Bore his testimony Yesterday and expressed what a Rock the Gospel was in his life. It is so amazing to see someone come from a very dark past to sharing the gospel with others when they are not even members yet. We are waiting for a divorce papers to be finalized then for them to get married then the baptism will happen. Their two kids got baptized the week before I got here and it is awesome to be able to be teaching the whole family who is strong, but has diversity and shows you don't have to be perfect, you just have to have faith. 
We Work with a lot of Less active and Part member families because those are the people who are usually most open to receiving the Gospel. It is so amazing to be able to go and earn the trust of these amazing people and have them slowly turn their lives around and back towards Christ. 
I love it here, The work is progressing and we are working hard everyday to teach and find more people. I love you all!! I hope things are going well at home!! 
Love Sister Rose  





No comments:

Post a Comment