Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Week 2

I seriously cannot believe it has been another week in this amazing place. I want time to slow down. Every day we learn so much and I feel like my testimony grows more and more every hour of every day. This week has been hard, due to my embarrassing fall last week that has caused a few problems with the knee. It is amazing what the lord can do. I know that with him anything is possible and I have been extrmely blessed and watched over while I have been here, I mean I was wearing jeans when I fell that itself was a blessing.
This week things were going good then one day in class everyone was a little off. I had run into the sisters out in front of the MTC and was a little distracted, a few elders were bugged by someone, one elder had a friend go home. The district just was not quite feeling the spirit like we Usually do. My teacher decided we should have a district testimony meeting. It was by far my favorite moment at the MTC yet. To hear all of us missionaries bear our testimonies when we were feeling weak or unable to do the things we had been asked was so humbling and made us realize how much help we really had. This is the Lords work and I know that no matter how hard I work, Its not really me doing the work it is the Spirit. I love this gospel and I love that I have this amazing oportunity to share it will the people the Lord is preparing.
The MTC is still the MTC though, and I am still Sister Rose. So I am of course working hard, stressing out and loving every minute of it. The spirit here is amazing, You can tell a difference everyday when you wake up and start your day with prayer and when you end your night with prayer. I know that Heavenly Father Loves each of His Children and Knows us each individually.
One thing I have noticed is that I am like brain dead since I got here. I don't remember anything about the real world, I dream about the gospel now and I can't even remember peoples last names when I think of them. It's kinda nice to be rid of all the things that are not supposed to interrupt me for the next 18 months.
Elder Kikuchi came and spoke to us last night, and it was magnificent. He shared his conversion story and it just gets you pumped to go out and listen to the spirit and share this gospel. He is a funny guy too. He is Asian and his opening line was. " You know I was born in Japan, I eat lots of Rice and Fish, that's why I shorter than all of you and don't look like you" Said it with a strait face don't worry. I loved it.
Our teacher also tried to get our district to sing in a choir the other day, put me between the Elders..... That was interesting.
It's weird how little things remind me of different people here. I am pretty sure I think of everyone I know at least once a week here. I love you all, I miss you all and I think and pray for all of you. Keep me updated on your lives.
Love Sister Rose



No comments:

Post a Comment